Thursday, October 3, 2013

Date night <3

Date. Night.

       A phrase that hasn't gotten used around our house in the last 14 months. I'm not too sure how I feel about that except to say that I don't know if I will ever be okay leaving Elliana with anyone. I mean I have left her a few times with someone other than nick or myself, but honestly I still get a little bit of anxiety leaving the house without her. I know she doesn't feel the same because the few times we've left her she has been absolutely fine when we got home. Playing away or eating snacks and just kind of stares at us when we got home which makes me glad she is fine but sad that she didn't miss me! Haha (mommy emotions) but anyways, Nicholas and I had our two year anniversary today and to celebrate we called in the babysitting troops! Uncle Ian, Auntie Laura && baby cousin Lennon came to play!
       Nick and I decided to walk down to this little foot massage place near our house and get a couples massage. As we left, Elliana waved and said "buuuyee" in her cute little voice! I text Laura as we were waiting for the lady to start our massages and she immediately told me to quit texting her! I was bummed that I didn't get an update on how our sweet girl was doing, but I guess it had been no longer than 20 minutes! I realized in the hour and a half that we were gone that nick and I are not the only ones that loves Ellie. I know that uncle Ian and auntie Laura love elliana as much as they would if she were there own and I just need to sit back and relax and enjoy my date night with my fiancé
       Nick and I had wonderful massages, grabbed a drink at the Mexican restaurant next door, dinner to go and headed home to our baby girl (who probably didn't mind that we were gone as long as she had a snack and someone to play with her!) I think date nights in our house need to become more of a regular occasion , and mommy and daddy need to go have dinner or get massages without having to ask for a high chair every once in awhile ;) 

Xo,
NursingBlissSleeplessMama



                    
                                                  Waiting for our massages :)



                                       
                                                             Text from auntie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment